Grade 7 - Visual Arts
Grade 7 Visual Arts
Students will work to build their skills and techniques by examining historical content and how contemporary artists use the past to build the work of today. Using a variety of tools, this course explores a range of mediums from drawing and painting to ceramics and sculpture. Students will gain an understanding of the tools they are using as well as introduction to multiple mediums and how they can work in tandem to one another. Observational drawing with reinforced perspective and more complex art concepts and techniques are revisited.
The elements of art and principles of design are reinforced throughout the year through students exploring and engaging with a variety of drawing projects continuing to work toward mastery on an individual basis. Various new drawing, painting, and sculpting techniques are introduced. Various artists and time periods continue to be explored in connection with projects. There is an emphasis on understanding art as a reflection of society and a form of communication.
- Learn and develop technical skills in various artistic mediums.
- Learn about art movements, historical artists and contemporary artists.
- Ability to utilize visual communication as a means of self-expression.
- Develop rendering and compositional skills through a series of assignments/projects.
- Incorporate research and written personal reflection into projects.
- Develop the ability to analyze and speak about art using the conventions of Art Criticism.
- Introduce best practices when dealing with materials and processes.