The mission of Westerly School of Long Beach is to develop each child’s full potential intellectually, emotionally, morally and physically.
Westerly School provides a challenging educational program that enables students to achieve academic success. The School is committed to building a strong self-concept, personal independence and social responsibility within a diverse student body. We believe that student involvement in the community and community involvement in the School are fundamental components of a complete education.
We strive to fulfill our goals through:
- Stimulating a lifelong love of learning and inspiring intellectual curiosity
- Ensuring a mastery of basic skills within a rich, varied and challenging program
- Encouraging creative and independent thinking
- Cultivating an appreciation for the arts
- Combining academics with experiential, hands-on learning
Personal and Social Development
- Inspiring each student to develop a sense of self-discipline, responsibility, self-esteem and ethics
- Encouraging active participation in the School and the community
- Fostering respect for others and an appreciation for their similarities, differences and accomplishments
- Seeking able, motivated students with a variety of interests and experiences
- Achieving and supporting multicultural and socioeconomic diversity