Westerly School values building a student body that reflects the true diversity of our community at large. We believe our school is stronger by welcoming students from a broad mix of economic, social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. As such, we set aside a percentage of our operating budget every year to help make a Westerly education more accessible for students within our community. We do our absolute best to welcome as many outstanding students as possible!
Financial Assistance application deadlines for the 2024-2025 school year are as follows:
- New families: January 16, 2024
- Returning families: November 27, 2023
How to Apply
The fee to complete this application is $55. This is a comprehensive application and takes a significant amount of time to complete - don't wait until the deadline to begin!
- Step 1: Click here to review instructions for completing the Parent's Financial Statement (PFS)* through the SSS (Student Support Services) program; then go to sssandtadsfa.my.site.com/familyportal.
- Step 2: Create a new account.
- Step 3: Complete a PFS application for the desired school year. Be prepared to upload the required supporting documents** such as tax forms (e.g. W2 , 1040, and/or 1099).
- Step 4: Submit your PFS online.
*Parents residing in two separate households (i.e. separated, divorced, never been married) must both complete a PFS by the deadline to be considered.
**Applications will not be considered complete until the required documents are submitted.
Determination of Awards
Westerly's financial assistance committee determines each family's need by analyzing and assessing individual financial profiles, i.e. the Parent's Financial Statement (PFS). We use the School and Student Services (SSS) program, made available through the National Association of Independent Schools, for this process. The PFS does not decide whether financial assistance will be awarded nor the amount; rather, PFS analyzes the information provided by each application, and a committee of Westerly administrators makes the decisions.
- Westerly will use the information from the PFS as a starting point when making a determination of financial assistance awards. School policy, practices, and available budget will also determine our total award outcome.
- Anyone is able to apply for financial assistance. However, not all requests can be granted; financial assistance awards are based solely on demonstrated need.
- There is no minimum or maximum income a family must have in order to be considered for financial assistance, as net income is not the only factor used in making financial assistance decisions - assets, debts, and number of dependents are among the other various factors considered and influence financial assistance decisions.
- Following the FA deadline, financial assistance applications are reviewed and awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis as the financial assistance budget allows.
- Every family's personal and financial information is kept strictly confidential.
The submission of a financial assistance application has no bearing upon the deliberations of the Admissions Committee or the assessment of an applicant's potential as a Westerly School student. Awards are made independently of admission decisions, on a parallel timeline.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.