We are delighted that your family is considering a future at Westerly School! At Westerly, we believe that every child and family brings a special gift to our school community. Because of this, our admission process is one of relationship-building, allowing us to get to know one another and understand the role we will play in each other’s lives in the coming years.
Step #1: Campus Tour
Learn more about the school by attending a community tour day or setting up an individual tour. We would love to meet you and help you envision your life at our wonderful school.
Step #2. Application
Applications for the 2024-2025 school year are due February 2, 2024.
- Applications for all grades* can be found by clicking the Apply Now button which is located on all Admissions pages.
- Once your application is received, Westerly will send an acknowledgement email. Our admission office will call you to set up your student visit day.
*A non-refundable fee of $125 is due with your application. Applicants must be five years old by September 1, to be eligible to enroll in our Kindergarten program.
Step #3: Supplemental Information
Complete applications include the following forms, which can be downloaded from the online application portal.
- Teacher Recommendation Form (required for all grades)
- School Transcripts (required for Grades 1-8)
Step #4: Financial Assistance
- Financial assistance should be applied for at the same time as you submit your application.
- FA applications for the 2024-2024 school year are due January 16, 2024 for new families, and November 27, 2023 for returning families.
- Please see the Financial Assistance section of the website for detailed information.
Step #5: Academic Assessment & Parent/Guardian Interview
- Kindergarten Visit Day: We invite each Kindergarten applicant to attend a Visit Day, which is held on specific Saturdays throughout February and early March. Applicants participate in small group activities, which include a short one-on-one screening of Kindergarten readiness. Applicants must be 5 years old by September 1, to be eligible to enroll in our program.
- Academic Assessment (Grades 1-8): After the application is submitted, your child will be invited to an Academic Assessment with one of our teachers.
- Parent/Guardian Interview: Parents and guardians will meet with the Director of Admissions to learn more about Westerly, its vision, and culture. At the time of the campus tour, in two-parent households, both parents will be required to attend.
Step #6: Notification
Admission notifications will be shared in mid-March.
If you have any questions about the admission process, we would be happy to help! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.