Westerly School develops the whole child through a challenging and stimulating program in an inclusive and diverse community. We ignite within each child a lifelong love of learning by encouraging them to discover their full and unique potential every single day. Our students develop a true sense of self through meaningful opportunities for self-expression, service, and character development. Westerly graduates are leaders, helpers, and creators today and in the future.
Statement of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Westerly School is a diverse community that fosters a sense of belonging by honoring all lived experiences and intersecting identities. We engage in local and global critical examination, respect multiple perspectives, and create a learning environment to challenge bias and advocate for social justice. Through dynamic learning opportunities, we cultivate authentic, lively class discussions and experience deeper learning that builds a lifelong foundation for thinking critically and developing meaningful empathy. We pledge to equip and empower our students to be the leaders, helpers, creators, and change-makers of the future.
Responsibility. Adaptability. Respect. Kindness. Honesty.
- are inclusive and encourage friendships, teamwork, cooperation and collaboration
- welcome any and all visitors to our campus
- represent our school in a positive fashion both on and off campus
- are compassionate caring and helpful towards others
- take ownership of their behaviors
- come prepared to learn
- honor their extracurricular activities practices, games and rehearsals
- are committed students who are on time, organized and calm prepared to learn
- treat each other the way they want to be treated
- show appreciation and consideration to their environment
- are active listeners and help create a positive learning environment
- use positive language towards others
- are truthful to themselves and others
- do what is right regardless of who's around
- take ownership of their actions
- complete their own work
- Welcome new people and adjust to new places
- embrace change and say “yes” when faced with a new challenge
- compromise for the betterment of the group
- keep an open mind
Westerly School develops the whole child through an inquiry-based educational program that balances academic engagement, creative expression, critical thinking, socio-emotional awareness, and physical development.
Westerly School celebrates and understands the differences in viewpoint, culture, and capabilities of each individual child so they may serve as compassionate and global-minded citizens.
Westerly School illuminates the joys of learning through collaborative inquiry, experiential learning, and real world connection-making.
Westerly School cultivates a safe and trusting community in which students are seen and known, allowing them to take academic and emotional risks.
Westerly School engages our young leaders through authentic service opportunities to understand the value of giving back to the community on both a local and global scale.